Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the Holiday Season!

I absolutely LOVE this time of year!  I feel like even the small everyday things are a little more cheerful around Christmas! 

We have been super busy lately.  It seems like every time we try to slow down, things just start speeding up!  I do try to at least slow my mind down this time of year and reminisce.  Time flies... I believe that more the older I get.  It really does feel like it was just a few years ago I was piled in bed with my sisters on Christmas Eve trying to fall asleep, but squealing with delight every time we heard a noise that we thought was Santa on the roof!  What a sweet and carefree time!  I thank God for memories like those.  We had many hard seasons growing up, but we definitely have just as many fun memories! 

My favorite Christmas memory is the morning we sprinted into the living room... after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for my Dad to set up the camera just right... to find just what we had been dreaming of the entire year... American Girl Dolls!  All we needed to see were those 3 boxes to set us screaming with excitement!  We tore into them!  I remember it felt like hours before we got them open and each doll into the right owners hands.  Kirsten for Lauren, Molly for Annie, and Samantha for me.  Of course, back then those were the only 3... the original 3.  Which seemed just perfect considering there were only 3 of us, and they seemed to match us just perfect!  We spent the rest of the day... and I am sure days and weeks after... playing and dressing and loving those dolls. 

What is your favorite Christmas memory? 

No comments:

Post a Comment