Monday, March 18, 2013

Joy Dare 1-3/1000

"I'm just going to wait 'til April." I said, thinking it would be easier to start first of the month, but knowing there was probably a deeper reason I was putting this off.  "The longer you wait, the less likely you are to go through with it." My wise, and sometimes irritatingly on target husband replied.  That was almost a week ago... 

"Honk to BE happy" is what finally did it.  I have read 1000 gifts.  It was heart-changing.  But there was something keeping me from committing to the challenge of recording 1000 gifts.  1000 reasons to thank God... ONE THOUSAND.  The weakest part of me screams to run from commitment right now.  I'll only quit.  I'll fail.  I get excited, I prepare, I plan, I start... and then I give up.  I've tried to change my diet (for Crohn's), what? 80 times since Eli was in my womb?  This would be no different.  Finishing what I start has always been a bit tough for me, my interest wanes.  But, this time in my life is different... indifferent.  There is also a darker side of me that believes I won't have 1000 reasons to praise.  Raw truth.  It hurts to type.

But... and thank God for buts... can I use that as #1?  Ha!  Anyway, His timing proves always perfect and after a hiatus from my favorite used-to-read-it-everyday blog by Ann Voskamp herself, I returned.  What I found was surprisingly, but not surprisingly just what I needed.  A story of a man who found the act of honking at a sign telling him to do so if he was happy was actually what made him find happiness.  The act of thanking, praising, naming the gifts, will bring joy to this tired heart in this dry season.  I'm ready.  I'm taking the joy dare.

1-3/1000

Since I wasn't planning on starting today and will always blog about the gifts from the previous day, I'll be deviating from the prompts Ann gives since I wasn't seeking those out yesterday.  I may do this on occassion anyway.

Unexpected entertainment.  Babies and boxes are always fun.


My baby brothers loving on my baby son.


 
 
A sweet smiling mouth, cheeks full of food.
 
 
"Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence

or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation

and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
Psalm 51:10-12
 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment