Friday, March 29, 2013

Joy Dare: 31-33/1000 {3 gifts redeemed}

"What does that word mean, exactly?"  wondered my brother after telling him todays joy dare.  Redeemed.  What did it mean... exactly... 

"Maybe that's a good place to start..."  I replied.  "We'll look up the actual definition.  I mean, I know we are redeemed, like, as believers.  Christ redeemed us with His death on the cross.  Like, we're made new.  But, I guess I don't know the exact meaning."  I rambled, slightly embarrassed that I didn't have a better answer for him, 9.5 years my junior.  I was sure at some point in my life I had to have known an actual meaning, but all I could think about was Christ...

I looked it up.  Whoa...

re·deem (r-dm)
tr.v. re·deemed, re·deem·ing, re·deems
1. To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
2. To pay off (a promissory note, for example).
3. To turn in (coupons, for example) and receive something in exchange.
4. To fulfill (a pledge, for example).
5. To convert into cash: redeem stocks.
6. To set free; rescue or ransom.
7. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences. See Synonyms at save1.
8. To make up for: The low price of the clothes dryer redeems its lack of special features.
9. To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of: You botched the last job but can redeem yourself on this one.

The meaning IS Christ.  He is it.  The answer.  The definition of redemption.  He has REDEEMED. 

He has recovered me from the evil one, paid for my sins with His own blood in exchange for my freedom, fulfilled God's righteous wrath, turned my rags into riches...

set. me. free.

rescued me, saved me from eternity apart from the Father, He made up for my great lack of righteousness...

He has restored honor to my flesh, made my life worthy, took my failures and made me whole. 

New.
Full of His grace and mercy.

Redeemed.

One word.  One man.  Changed everything.

One word worth 1000 thanks right there.  I am thankful.  I am redeemed.





 

1 comment:

  1. My sweet, talented daughter...

    I couldn't possibly be any prouder of you. I've always known you have a gift for expression. In song, in dance, and in writing. I've also known for a long time that you are God's. What I was unaware of until I read your blog is that you can combine your gift of expression and your love of Christ in such a moving, inspirational, beautiful way. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your heart. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete