Thursday, October 14, 2010

Taco Soup... YUM!

During this time of year I LOVE a good chili/soup!  So, one of my favorite things to make this season is Taco Soup... or Mexican Chili (it's a little thicker than soup).  I want to share it with you because it's so good, and so easy to make... not to mention cheap! 


INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
1 can whole yellow corn
1 can black beans
1 can kidney or pinto beans
1 can original rotel
1 lg can of diced tomatoes
1 packet taco seasoning

DIRECTIONS:
Brown meat in skillet over medium heat until cooked thoroughly (but remember it will also cook in the crock pot, so don't over do it) I like to add a little salt, pepper, and some of the taco seasoning.  While your beef is browning go ahead and plug in your crock pot and begin adding all your canned ingredients and taco seasoning.  Once beef is done drain grease.  Add drained beef to crock pot and stir all ingredients together.  Cook on low in the crock pot for 6-8 hours. 

Enjoy as is, or add shredded mexican blend cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips!

I make a double batch and then portion it all out to take to work for lunches for Chris and I.  I also freeze some to have for a quick dinner during the week on those nights I don't seem to have any time... or just don't feel like cooking! 

1 comment:

  1. mm! This looks delicious! Can't wait to make it, thanks for sharing Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete